What the heck is going on??? We need Jeff in order to do anything this year. He turned in another lackluster performance against Fairfield. At least, Summers stepped up and carried the team. Rivers, Sapp, and J-Wal also played well. I assume they used the zone to neutralize Roy, though no one on Fairfield is taller than 6'7. Egerson and Ticket got extended PT and reportedly looked good. (Note: Summers got the start over Egerson. JTIII is using him as the zone buster.) I didn't see it but based on the box score here are my thoughts.
1. We need to twist the dagger when we build a lead. We let Fairfield back into the game at the end of the first half.
2. Summers and Ticket are going to live up to their billing sooner rather than later.
3. Rivers is better than we expected him to be.
4. J-Wall is shooting well over 50% from behind the arc. He should take the shot every time it is open. Period.
5. We are still out of sync and not clicking. Jeff needs to get out of his funk. We need to utilize Roy better and clearly our defense is not where it needs to be -- but the trajectory is correct.
Here are some articles: