The Van Buren Boys


The Blogosphere's best source for the latest analysis and
commentary from the world of Georgetown Hoyas basketball.


Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hoya wins Rhodes


This is good news, as it appears we've begun getting more of these, following what was an extraordinary draught from about 1997 until the early 2000s. (I believe we had 3 in1996.) GU generally gets one Rhodes per year and a Marshall every other year, on average. I would love to see those numbers go up. And I think that offering merit scholarships would go a long way to landing some of the very top students who obtain such honors. (Notice the number of Washington University students who have been winning recently.) I know there is major institutional resistence to such a program but I'd be interested to starting the debate and getting your thoughts on it.

http://explore.georgetown.edu/news/?ID=20779

No comments: