The Van Buren Boys


The Blogosphere's best source for the latest analysis and
commentary from the world of Georgetown Hoyas basketball.


Monday, March 26, 2007

Ewing Lives Up To Legacy

Hoyas Find More History in the Making

Ewing's basket off a missed Green shot in the final minutes helped draw the Hoyas within one, and his effort on the defensive end embodied Georgetown's pressure against North Carolina, which had no answer for the Hoyas' zone defense the final seven minutes of the game. Ewing wept for joy afterward, saying: "I had to let out. All those years people said I wouldn't live up to my father. And to accomplish something he did in college, to go to the Final Four and hopefully win a national championship, I just lost it when I saw him and my family."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/25/AR2007032501353.html

1 comment:

Jester of Magellan said...

You really have to feel for PE2. I am constantly impressed by the way he handles the celebrity that comes along with having a famous dad. How many times have we heard Pat Jr. say that he knows he's not as good as his pops was? To be able to contribute to his father's alma mater's resurgence must be incredibly fulfilling for him.