The Van Buren Boys


The Blogosphere's best source for the latest analysis and
commentary from the world of Georgetown Hoyas basketball.


Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Sapp's Shot

I think Diamond Mike already started a similar post, but I'm a glory hound, so I'll plow ahead.

Georgetown beat Nova by 3. Obviously, that's not a large margin. And if you think about it, Jessie Sapp's amazing shot at the end of the first half was the reason we won. As time expired at the end of the first period Jessie launched a shot from well beydon half court. Nothing but net. The shot capped a 9-0 run, saving the Hoyas from an early Nova rout and bringing them within two at the break. It also ended up being the different in the game.

Enjoy living the moment over and over again.



Update: I just went to the draft post that Diamond Mike was putting together. His video clip was better than the one I found. So, not only will I steal his glory by posting on this topic first, I'll actually steal his video clip for my post too. Enjoy.

1 comment:

IPB said...

Unbelievable shot.

We are incredibly lucky to have come out of Villanova with a win. I don't know what it is about that team but they seem to have our number. Besides Jeff Green's virtuouso performance, we looked completely out of sync.

Should Nova wind up making the field of 64, I hope we do not have to face them again.