The Van Buren Boys


The Blogosphere's best source for the latest analysis and
commentary from the world of Georgetown Hoyas basketball.


Friday, June 01, 2007

Jeff Green and the NBA -- Not a Done Deal?

Andy Katz has a great piece on ESPN.com today about Jeff Green and the NBA. According to Katz, and Green himself based on the quotes attributed to him, Hoyas fans still have hopes of seeing last year's Big East Player of the Year in Blue and Gray next season.

"I haven't made it final that I'm coming out yet, and I'm still going to take some time to make a decision," Green told ESPN.com.

"I haven't signed with an agent yet and there's still a chance [to go back to the Hoyas]," Green said. "It just depends on how my workouts go. I just have to keep working hard and hopefully get the commitment that a team wants to draft me. If I don't get that commitment that a team is willing to take me in the lottery, then that will sway my decision to come back."

Green is projected to be a lottery pick with interest from Boston at No. 5 on down.

The reason this is newsworthy is that it was just last Wednesday, Green announced he was staying in the draft at a news conference where teammate Roy Hibbert said he would come back for his senior season.

Now, more than a week later, the headline on the Georgetown Web site still says: "Jeff Green to forego senior season for NBA, Roy Hibbert to stay at Georgetown."

The press release has a quote from Green that states, "I haven't hired an agent yet, but we are starting that process now. I love Georgetown, my friends, my team, coaches & but after a lot of examination I've come to the conclusion that this is what's best for me. I intend to get my degree eventually, but right now it's the NBA."

Green said Thursday that the only thing he was saying last week was, "I was keeping my name in the draft." And he qualified that by saying as in last week. As of this week, he still hasn't made up his mind on whether he's staying in the draft past the June 18 withdrawal date.


This is definitely big news!

No comments: