The Van Buren Boys


The Blogosphere's best source for the latest analysis and
commentary from the world of Georgetown Hoyas basketball.


Thursday, March 09, 2006

Whew!

Yesterday's game was a nail biter. I closed my office door and listened to the last 10 minutes or so online (unfortunately, it doesn't look like DC's Sportstalk 980 is covering today's game). I definitely did not feel like we were going to win until about the last 30 seconds.

I don't share Italian's or Diamond's optimism about today's game. Though we should really be able to beat Marquette if we want to be considered a "real" tourney team (I know we've pretty much made it, but there's a difference between making the tourney and really being a team that is there to play), I don't think we will. Marquette is better than they've been given credit for this year, and we've definitely been worse that we're given credit for as of late. Right now we are not the number #23 team in the land. But I do think we were at least that good earlier in the year. I just hope we can rediscover our game.

PS - IPB has to be killing himself that Brandon pretty much won the game single handedly for us yesterday. When it really looked like ND was going to build on their lead and start hammering us Bowman came up with some huge shots. If only he could learn to play well consistently.

2 comments:

Diamond_Mike said...

Obviously, I didn't see the game but Bowman looked amazing in the highlights. That left-handed runner was incredible. I sure hope Jeff gets healthy soon. He is clearly not over his illness. We'll need him 100% for the NCAAs.

IPB said...

I've always been willing to give credit when credit is due and from the stats it looked like Bowman had a great game (I did not see or listen to it). Unfortunately, that kind of performance has been the exception and certainly not the rule for him this year. Like I say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time!