The Van Buren Boys


The Blogosphere's best source for the latest analysis and
commentary from the world of Georgetown Hoyas basketball.


Thursday, March 09, 2006

Exciting Stuff!

I was wrong, the game was on Sportstalk 980. I ended up listening to the last 5 minutes in my office online. A real exciting game with us almost blowing an 8-point lead in the final minute. But, again, it seemed that Brandon played really clutch down the stretch, hitting key free throws, etc. Maybe being a senior really is good for something in the post season.

While I fully expected us to lose to Marquette, I am now looking forward to a potential berth in the finals. I know that Cuse is playing great basketball, but I'd much rather play them then Nova...I just think we match up better. That being said, I'm sure that they'll have revenge for their late season loss on their mind. But bring them on! I have to try to get home to see this one ("damn you long commute!")

9 comments:

Diamond_Mike said...

Let's get together with the IPB and watch the game tomorrow night. Hoyas-Cuse at MSG -- doesn't get any bigger than this!!!! You gotta love the heart this team has showed bouncing back from the SFU crap-fest. I want to be the first team to win the BE w/o the bye. Did Stallion say if we beat Notre Dame we'd win it all?

Italian Stallion said...

My comment was that following the loss to USF, we'd either lose in the first round or win the tourney (however, making it to the finals would be just as good).

Despite my known dislike of the 'Cuse, I tip my hat to them for what should equal playing their way to the Dance. You couldn't ask for a better BE semifinal game. Of all the potential possible games remaining (even more so than a GU / Nova final), this to me is a classic matchup between two of the founding teams of the conference. Having said that, on paper, we should be the clear winner and moving on to the Final. But, hey, it's tourament time and crazy stuff happens.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Rutgers does everyone a favor and takes down Nova. However, I foresee a Nova / Pitt semi with Pitt playing on Saturday.

By the way, it's great to see that of the remaining teams, it's all original BE teams.

Jester of Magellan said...

I'm going to have to pass on watching the game with you guys tonight. I'd really love to, but I have a familial obligation in the burbs. With new found confidence, I would turn around and pose that we get together tomorrow to watch our boys in the final...but I'm going to Philly tomorrow.

Not to worry though, I'm planning on bringing some good Hoyas gear just in case we get a GU-Nova Big East final (I think the chances of that are pretty good).

Jester of Magellan said...

Oh, and I thought the Stallion was crazy when he said we'd win the whole thing...but I'm becoming a believer.

All hail the Stallion!

IPB said...

Jeff/Steve--Are either of you going to MSG to catch the game live?

Italian Stallion said...

I'm hoping that Jacques is able to find me a ticket as he is currently patroling the MSG area. Face value is $65 for nosebleeds. If I can get something around $100, I'm going to head down. If not, I'm going to meet up w/ Jeff in one of our neighborhoods to pull up a bar stool and watch.

A lot of 'Cuse jerseys seen in Midtown this afternoon.

IPB said...

If you get a ticket, have a blast!

Italian Stallion said...

Looks like I'll be watching from the bar stool. Spoke to a few contacts - as of an hour ago, tickets were $150 each & rising. Hate the 'Cuse.

Diamond_Mike said...

CHOKE. Free throws, free throws, free throws, free throws, free throws, free throws, free throws, free throws.