The Van Buren Boys


The Blogosphere's best source for the latest analysis and
commentary from the world of Georgetown Hoyas basketball.


Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sweet 16

Personal biases from the IPB pool aside, what are the thoughts on GU's chances to make the Elite 8? I must admit that I don't know much about Florida, but given the way GU played today, especially Hibbert (who had a big-time performance - or Prime Time as Dickie V would say), I think we have more than a good chance.

To win by 18 on what was pretty much a 100% road game environment, I must say that I'm thinking that we should fare well on a neutral court. To me, the way GU kept the half-time lead intact was the way the game against Syracuse game should have gone.

Hopefully the solid play continues.

3 comments:

IPB said...

Very inspiring win. We just dominated Ohio St. from start to finish and dictated the tempo/flow of the game the entire time.

Hibbert was phenomenal, Ashanti stepped up big, DO was superb, and Green played very well.

Of course Bowman played like his usual self.

I don't much about Florida either but if we play like that or remotely close, Florida and Bily Donovan better watch out!!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!!!!

Italian Stallion said...

IPB, I agree. Tonight, much like the Duke game, proved that when the team is on, they can not only play with any team, but can BEAT any team in the country.

In my mind, JT3 has put GU back on the map. It's clear that the future is only brighter. Similar to Willie Randolph and the "new" Mets, small steps of progress are all that is needed. This year, strong showing in the BE, constantly ranked, and trip to the Dance. From where the starting point was, a solid year. The bar has been raised for next year.

No matter what happens next Friday night, the team is in a no-lose situation. But, don't get me wrong, although it would be a setback in the pool, I'd love to see GU playing next Sunday night and I think we'll see that.

Diamond_Mike said...

Not a setback for me, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!