The Van Buren Boys


The Blogosphere's best source for the latest analysis and
commentary from the world of Georgetown Hoyas basketball.


Sunday, February 05, 2006

Win over Pitt

I'm assuming IPB & Diamond were at MCI for the game. I must admit that I only saw the 2nd half, so I don't know if the first half deficit of 15 or so at one point was due to poor play by us or Pitt being on fire. What I can say & did see watching the game on TV was that the 2nd half showed a GU team that was tough & smart. GU looked very calm & poised (I hate to say it, but they looked almost Duke like) as they climbed out of the 7 point half-time hole. I remarked to my cats that we were going to win the game as we brought the score to 45-40. A solid victory! Holding Pitt to 4 points over a good 12-13 minute span was impressive.

Aside from the near collapse in the last 90 seconds (we were VERY luck by the way), GU looked like a team that has a very good chance to be playing in the Saturday night Big East game.

No comments: