The Van Buren Boys


The Blogosphere's best source for the latest analysis and
commentary from the world of Georgetown Hoyas basketball.


Saturday, January 03, 2009

Hoya Fans are Everywhere

From my perch at MSK, I've learned that Hoya hoop fans are literally everywhere; from M Street to the bowels of the hospitals in NYC. When I walked into the radiation room last week, I was sporting one of my old Hoya track long sleeve t-shirts. Eddie, my radiation tech, noticed the Hoyas logo and very excitedly began to tell me how he was in his words a "Hoya Hoop nut". He told me how he loved the Hoyas since the days of Patrick Ewing, Sr and followed Papa Ewing throughout his career. He's also a big fan of Monroe.

Anyway, the point of my story is that Hoya Paranoia is all over and has afflicted all ages. It's amazing what hooks people in. For Eddie it was Ewing. For me, it was Iverson taking on UConn in '95. Loyal readers, what's the first time you realized you were hooked?

No comments: