The Van Buren Boys


The Blogosphere's best source for the latest analysis and
commentary from the world of Georgetown Hoyas basketball.


Friday, September 08, 2006

Return of Brendan

You've got to be kidding me. It's quite funny that he labels himself as part of the basketball / football teams. While we are all aware of his very sub-par hoops skills, all reports I've heard about his grid-iron time are equally as funny.

But, hey, it's worth a laugh & it's for GU.

By the way, is anybody else aware of the backdrop to part of why Coach Benson was fired? It's an interesting story.

http://guhoyas.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/090606aab.html

4 comments:

Diamond_Mike said...

Yeah, I saw that story. Brendan LOVES Georgetown and that's great because his father is one of our wealthiest friends. What's the story w/ Benson? I assumed he was fired because our teams sucked.

Italian Stallion said...

He was having an affair with one of the track coaches (Julie Henner) who was married to another track coach. Julie suddenly left GU to "pursue" other opportunities about the same time Benson left.

Diamond_Mike said...

There were rumblings about inappropriate behavior on the Board but nobody ever explained it to me. I kinda doubt that was a major issue. I think it is more likely that it was part of Muir's housecleaning -- he's fired a bunch of Lang coaches in addition to Benson.

Italian Stallion said...

I would agree with that. I don't think fooling around w/ the track coach (who is pretty hot by the way) was the reason for Benson's exit. It does make for a juicy side story though.